Standards of 10 Pillars Basic Capacities
Students who possess aesthetic knowledge and application ability and meet one of the following standards are deemed as meeting the basic requirement:
(1) Pass at least one of the aesthetics education-related courses offered by MCU; relevant courses are listed as follows: LINK (link is external)
(2) There are two ways to earn the certificate of Aesthetics through experiential learning:
- The first is to participate in or appreciate diverse art activities that help to promote aesthetics held on and off-campus (such as concerts, opera, and movies). Students are required to participate in or appreciate four activities and apply with a report 2,000 characters in length and relevant evidence.
- The second method is to watch videos about Aesthetics teaching and learning activities uploaded on MCU website. Students are required not only to completely watch four Aesthetics teaching videos, but also watch four Aesthetics activity videos, and apply with a report 2,000 characters in length and relevant evidence. Students can submit their applications when they meet one of the above requirements, and the application will be reviewed and passed by the General Education Center Review Committee (Please refer to the attachment for application requirements.).
(3) Earn the Certificate of Aesthetics through practical creation: Anyone who has participated in formal art, design competitions and performances on and off campus or internationally, and won an award of honorable mention or above for their work.
Please download, finish Ming Chuan University Student Application Form for Certificate of Aesthetics (link is external) and print out to General Education Canter.
Standards of 10 Pillars Distinctive Performance
Students who pass basic requirement of Aesthetics and meet one of the following conditions are deemed as achieving distinctive performance:
Place among the top three in on- or off-campus or international art and literary competitions and pass the review of General Education Center Review Committee.
- Applicants are required to file the application with the proof of participating in the activity or winning an award with General Education Center during the 10th-11th week of each semester.
- The review standards, relevant procedures for review and the establishment of reviewing committee are to be set up by the General Education Center and be implemented after being approved.